The sodium humate production process and quality difference
The classification of new types of humic acid products is a bit complicated, but according to the source of raw materials, it can be roughly divided into mineral-derived and man-made ones. Sodium humate is a kind of humate, it is the product obtained after the reaction of humic acid and sodium hydroxide, we usually use it in agricultural breeding.
The humic acid selected for the sodium humate produced by KHUMIC is all mineral-source humic acid, and mineral-source humic acid can be divided into three sources: peat, lignite and weathered coal. The humic acid content in peat is generally 20%-50%; the humic acid content in lignite can be 1%-85%; the humic acid content in weathered coal can be 5%-80%. Due to the different raw materials, there must be a direct impact on the quality of sodium humate.
In many cases, users cannot clearly distinguish humic acid raw material from sodium humate. Therefore, in the actual application process, we even see some users directly take humic acid and use it in breeding, which is a wrong behavior. Most of the high-quality mineral-source humic acid is insoluble in water and is basically ineffective when used directly. However, sodium humate is most commonly used in Agricultural cultivation, which can be soluble in water.
1. The production process of sodium humate
The sodium humate as feed additive can be mainly divided into powder, flake, spherical and irregular particles in appearance.
Sodium humate powder is mainly produced by dry method (solid→solid). Due to the different sources of humic acid, the finished products produced are slightly different in color. The characteristics of this type of product are slightly more impurities and low cost.
The sodium humate flakes is mainly produced by wet method (solid→liquid→solid), with a slag discharge process, using the drum external drying method, the finished product produced has less impurities, high solubility, and the appearance is black flaky crystals, the higher the content , The smaller the flake.
Spherical sodium humate is mainly granulated by discs, which is convenient to use, but has always faced two problems. One is that the content of sodium humate is not high (as the content increases, the spherical shape becomes more irregular); the other is solubility Slightly worse.
Irregular sodium humate granule effectively improve the practicability of sodium humate. One is that it is relatively powdery and flake-shaped and it is convenient to spray; the other is that the content of relatively spherical products can be increased. Now it is mainly produced by the sun method, and the scale is large. The factory will also use drying equipment to produce.
2. The quality difference of sodium humate
For the quality of sodium humate, if there are multiple samples, fixed water can be used to dissolve a quantitative amount of sodium humate, and the quality of the product can be judged by the color depth, precipitation speed, and residue feeling:
(1) Color depth: Dissolve a certain amount of sodium humate in a quantitative amount of water, and judge the content of the product by comparing the color depth. The darker the color, the better. If the color is too dark to be judged, it can be compared by two or three dilutions. To judge. In addition, please note that the solution is black when the concentration is high. With multiple dilutions, the color of the solution will change to the color of soy sauce.
(2) Settling speed: the powdery product usually settles faster, while the flake product settles slowly. The faster the precipitation, the larger the particles, and the more insoluble residue may be.
(3) Residue feeling: Sodium humate can be dissolved in the cup. After dissolving, use your fingers to move and press on the bottom of the cup. The powdery product basically has a slag feeling, while the flake product should feel slippery even if there is precipitation.